It's all true- sandy white beaches, lush jungle, hidden cenotes full of fresh water and colorful fish, tacos, fish tacos.
We recently returned from a week in Tulum. We ate tropical fruit and street tacos, swam in crystal clear lagoons, floated through mangrove canals, felt way too uncool at the Bali-inspired yoga cafes, and lounged on the beach (Ernesto even read a whole book!). We thought long and hard about how we could move here and join the other ex-pats who have made Tulum their home. It was a perfect vacation.
Next year, France Du Jour Travel will start offering trips to Mexico. And you can bet your tan behinds that Tulum and the Riveria Maya will be on the itinerary!
Here are the TOP FIVE of our experiences on this trip:
1. Floating down canals in the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve
2. Swimming and snorkeling in an underground cenote at AktunChen (and then walking through dry caves to see a virgin cenote)
3. Eating breakfast everyday at Del Cielo cafe #DelCielotulum. I mean...it's like Portland, Santa Cruz, and St. Tropez made a baby and I got to eat it.
4. Visiting Mayan ruins at Tulum and Muyil.
5. Swinging on swings and laying in hammocks in the Laguna de Kaan Luum. And getting a little pedicure from the nibbly fish.
And the Honorable Mentions:
1. Swimming in cenotes just found around and about
3. Laying on the beach (obviously...)
4. Watching Ernesto workout at #TulumJungleGym
5. Just being in the jungle. Even in town center at night, hearing the birds and wildlife.
**Check out these photos for inspiration**